1. Deposits and Payments
a) Your booking will not be confirmed until payment of the non-returnable deposit (£100) has been received.
A booking is not valid until it has been confirmed in writing by DS.
b) Payment of the balance of fees must be made in sterling at least 6 weeks BEFORE the start date.
If payment is made by debit/credit card the balance will AUTOMATICALLY be deducted from the same card 6 weeks before the start of the course.
If the booking is made less than 6 weeks before start date, full fees must be received before the
booking is confirmed
If you have to cancel your booking, you must inform us as soon as possible. Cancellation fees will be charged as follows:
- More than 30 days before start date, loss of deposit.
- Less than 30 days before start date, loss of full fees.
It is your responsibility to ensure the student has valid travel documents and/or visas.
If a visa is necessary, DS provides a certificate of enrolment for the visa application.
If the visa application is refused, the following refund policy applies:
- DS will refund the full fees, less the deposit, if a visa is refused and the client has followed the correct procedures
- DS will not refund the client if the reason for the refusal is related to insufficient or incorrect documentation
- DS will not refund the client if the application has not been made with sufficient time for the visa to be approved
- With all visa refusals, original documentation issued by the Entry Clearance Officer must be provided before a refund will be considered.
4. Medical and Travel Insurance
We recommend that students on our non-residential courses take out their own insurance cover in their home country before departure.
If you have a general query please phone Head Office: + 44 20 7937 1199 or email [email protected]
(09:00-18:00 Monday to Friday).
Our emergency mobile phone: + 44 7768 337 288 is available 24 hours a day. Please remember the time difference between the UK and your country. The current time in the UK is
Problems or Complaints
Please bring any problem or complaint to the attention of the Course Director or the Discovery Summer Head Office Team immediately so that a satisfactory resolution can be found.
If your complaint has still not been resolved, you may contact English UK, 219 St John Street, London EC1V 4LY. Tel: +44 20 7608 7960 or email: [email protected]
a) In exceptional circumstances, in order to place students at their correct level, maximum class size may be exceeded.
b) Students are responsible for any damage they may cause and will have to pay the full cost of replacement or repair.
c) DS accepts students on the assumption that they are in good health. In case of illness or injury DS will follow the
advice of the attending medical consultant unless advised otherwise by the parent/guardian.
In case of medical emergency, students are taken to the nearest Accident and Emergency.
d) Promotional material – we take photographs and videos during our courses which we may use for promotional purposes.
Please advise us at time of booking if you do not wish the student to appear in any promotional material.
e) If you have booked via an Agent, their Terms of Contract may apply to you, but we reserve the right to apply our own Terms.
f) DS does not accept responsibility for: loss or damage to property; accident/injury except where its staff have been found to be negligent.
g) DS reserves the right to change or cancel course programmes without prior notice in the event of low numbers.
h) DS shall not be liable to you or the student in the event that any service becomes impossible to supply due to circumstances beyond our control.
These circumstances include, but are not limited to, war, disease outbreak, natural disaster or terrorist attack.
i) We reserve the right to take any fair and reasonable action we think appropriate should a situation arise not covered by these Terms.
7. Rules of Conduct
- Speak English
- Be on time (always)
- Be kind and friendly to others
- Attend and join in all the lessons and activities
- Look after your belongings and the school
- Have your Discovery ID card with you at all times
- Leave the school unless with member of staff/parent/guardian
- Drink alcohol, take drugs or smoke (cigarettes or e-cigarettes)
- Bring or buy knives, weapons or toy guns
- Swear, fight or bully
- Drop litter or chew gum
- Use your mobile phone/games console in lessons, activities or on trips
- Use school/personal IT/electronic equipment to access or share illegal/inappropriate sites or images
- Damage school property
- Steal or shoplift
- Use fire escapes unless for emergency exit
- Bring valuables or large amounts of money to school. The school is not responsible for them.
The safety and well-being of our students is our primary concern. Students who break British law, do not obey the course rules, who repeatedly misbehave,
do not follow the instructions of the course staff or otherwise disrupt or adversely affect the smooth running of the course will be asked to leave the course immediately without refund of fees.