There are many reasons to choose a residential course with Discovery Summer
Excellent student care
WELFARE AND ACCOMMODATION
Our prime concern is student safety. We provide:
- A safe, secure environment
- A staff/student ratio of at least 1:5 overall, ensuring close supervision
- Resident staff on campus and available 24 hours a day
- A healthy choice of food that includes typical English meals and international food
- A good standard of accommodation;
boys and girls sleep in separate areas
- We will normally place you in a bedroom with students from different countries. Where we offer single rooms, we mix nationalities in corridors. This helps you to make new friends and to practise your English.
- Supervised email access is provided at each centre so you can keep in regular contact with your family
- Our 24-hour emergency phone enables families to contact us in case of emergency or any problem.
Staff/student ratio at least 1:5
- Our staff are selected for their experience, professionalism, friendliness and enthusiasm
- Our teachers are all appropriately qualified and ensure classes are lively and interactive. They are also talented in other areas (e.g. sports, dance, drama, music, arts and crafts, IT)
- Activity Leaders organise our after-class programme of sports, arts & crafts, team challenges and evening entertainments so you try new activities and have a great time!
We offer a professional and friendly 'Meet and Greet' service.
Once you have collected your luggage you will come out of the Customs Hall and see one of our airport representatives, holding a Discovery Summer sign with your name. Coaches/taxis leave at regular intervals to take you to your centre.
On departure, we check you onto your flight and see you through the departure gate.
Airport transfers by coach or taxi are included in the fees on published arrival and departure dates between 09.00 and 15.00 hours from/to specific airports.
Special private transfers (at extra cost) can be arranged at any other time and from any other airport.
We recommend you book your flights as early as possible.
A truly international experience
60 different nationalities study with us each summer
Make English Friends
RESIDENT ENGLISH STUDENT HOSTS
A special feature of our residential courses. They are our "ambassadors" - spot them in their blue shirts.
English Student Hosts are English children of your age who will be living amongst you. They participate in classes (giving language support)
as well as in all other activities throughout the day and evening.
There will be countless opportunities for speaking English naturally all day long – and for making friendships that last well beyond the course