See all the action on our Uppingham blog.
Uppingham is a small, safe, typically English
market town in Rutland, England's smallest
county, in the middle of England
Levels: beginner to advanced (CEF A1 - C1)
Uppingham School, one of Britain's leading co-educational schools, was founded in 1584.
Many of the attractive buildings in the town are built from local ironstone. It is 160km north of London and
just over two hours by road. Birmingham is 1.5 hours by road and Cambridge, Peterborough and Leicester can be
reached in one hour. Just 15 minutes away is Rutland Water, Europe's largest man-made lake,
where students can try canoeing and other watersports.
Classes are held in The Modern Languages centres. We also use the school's IT suites, drama studio,
new science lecture theatre and the Leonardo art centre.
The school has both new and historic buildings. A state-of-the-art Sports Centre has recently opened.
This comprises a large indoor sports hall, a 25m 6-lane swimming pool, a gymnasium, squash courts and two dance
studios. The outdoor sports facilities are extensive and include 12 tennis courts, football and cricket pitches.
We offer an intensive, truly multi-national programme. and a chance to meet English children.
- A wide variety of sports and afternoon/evening activities offered 7 days a week
- 1 full-day and 1 half-day excursion per week e.g. Theme Park, London (London Eye, Westminster, museums, a West End musical)
Nottingham, Rutland Water (kayaking), Cambridge (College tour, punting).
- Opportunities for Uppingham town visits
- Special Sports Options
- Horse-riding, Tennis and Water-sports e.g. sailing/windsurfing (at extra cost).
- PLUS: Lots of opportunities to practise English with our Resident English Student Hosts.
ACCOMMODATION AND SUPERVISION
- Uppingham offers both traditional and modern accommodation. Boys and girls are accommodated in separate
houses where they eat their meals.
- 1-6 bedded rooms (some singles have ensuite facilities)
- Common rooms with e.g. TV/DVD, table tennis, pool table
- Close supervision by our resident staff
- Full board
- WiFi available