2012 Summer courses. See all the action on our blogs.
Shrewsbury has a magnificent campus with top rate facilities for study, recreation and sports.
Levels: beginners to advanced (CEF A1 - C1)
Shrewsbury is renowned as a traditional independent school. It was founded in 1552 and has Charles Darwin amongst its famous 'old boys'.
It is situated across the River Severn from the thriving market town of Shrewsbury. Manchester and Birmingham airports are approximately 1.5 hours by road; London Heathrow approximately 3-4 hours.
It has an exceedingly fine campus with both historic and state-of-the-art buildings. The facilities for study and recreation are top-rate and include large IT suites, a theatre, assembly hall,
and DVD 'cinema'. The School's extensive sporting facilities include football pitches, astroturf, tennis and squash courts, indoor sports hall and a new 25m 6-lane indoor swimming pool.
We offer a truly multi-national programme. and a chance to meet English children.
TEACHING AND ACTIVITY PROGRAMME
- 28 lessons of average 45 minutes (21 hours per week) including English Skills and
English Workshops (e.g. Discovery TV, IT/Magazine, Photo Stories, United Nations, Shadow Puppets, Film Making, Drama).
For more information see How we teach English
- Click here for a sample timetable
- The Trinity Exam in Spoken English is offered (weeks 2 and 4). It is optional, but highly recommended
- Challenging activities relating to team-building and leadership skills designed to develop confidence, decision making and communication skills
- A wide variety of sports and activities offered 7 days a week.
- 1 full-day and 1 half-day excursion per week e.g. Liverpool - Tate Modern, Birmingham - science museum, Safari Park/London Eye (optional), Drayton Manor theme park/Stratford (optional),
- Plus: Lots of opportunities to practise English with our Resident English Student Hosts.
ACCOMMODATION AND SUPERVISION
- Shrewsbury has both traditional and modern boarding houses with single, twin and multi-bedded rooms (3-5 beds)
- Some rooms have ensuite facilities
- Common rooms with TV, DVD, pool table, table tennis etc.
- Close supervision by our resident staff
- Full board.