2012 Summer courses. See all the action on our blogs.
TEENS 14 - 17 years
Levels: elementary to very advanced (CEF A2 - C2)
JUNIORS 11 - 14 years
Levels: beginners to advanced (CEF A1 - C1)
The Radley campus is outstanding
and close to Oxford
Radley College, one of Britain's leading independent schools, was founded in 1847. It is situated in Radley village, 8km south of Oxford, 3km north of Abingdon and just over an hour by road or rail from London.
The nearest airport is London Heathrow.
The campus, set in 325 hectares of parkland, is safe and completely self-contained. The facilities for study and recreation are absolutely first-rate. Sporting facilities include football, rugby and cricket pitches, athletics track, 16 tennis courts (hard and astroturf),
squash courts, indoor swimming/diving pool and sports hall. There is also the Silk Hall, a new drama theatre, a DVD 'cinema' and large IT suites.
We offer an intensive, truly multi-national programme. and a chance to make English friends.
TEACHING AND ACTIVITY PROGRAMME
- Teens and Juniors are taught separately
- 30 lessons of average 45 minutes (22.5 hours per week) including English Skills and English Workshops (e.g. Discovery TV, IT/Magazine, Photo Stories, United Nations, Calligraphy and Graffiti, Music Video, Drama). For more information see How we teach English
- For 'top' level High Achievers (Teens only) English Skills classes are replaced by challenging and stimulating classes
on British Culture e.g. literature, history, royalty, comedy and university life + study/theatre visits.
- Click here for a sample timetable
- The Trinity Exam in Spoken English is offered (weeks 2,3, 4 and 5). It is optional, but highly recommended.
- A variety of sports and activities offered 7 days a week
- Separate programme for teens and juniors. There will be some joint activities so brothers/sisters and friends can meet
- Juniors afternoon sessions (e.g. arts & crafts, sports, dance).
- Teens afternoon sessions (e.g. Racquet sports, fitness, dance/aerobics, fencing, arts & crafts).
- Special 16+ events
- 1 full-day and 1 half-day excursion per week e.g. London (museums, galleries, river cruise, Tower of London), Hampton Court, Stonehenge, Oxford (sightseeing, college tour and punting).
- Special Sports Options - Horse-riding and Tennis (at extra cost).
- Plus: Lots of opportunities to practise English with our English Student Hosts.
ACCOMMODATION AND SUPERVISION
- Teens and Juniors are accommodated separately
- Radley has both new and historic boarding houses with single study bedrooms with washbasins. Some single cubicles (partitioned dormitories) with washbasins are also available.
- Common rooms with TV, DVD, pool, table tennis etc.
- Close supervision by our resident staff
- Full board.